Women's Indian Immersion
Real talk. India is massive. In size. In population. In colors, scents, and experiences.
We want to be a part of your adventure and know it will be even better with a crew of like-minded women by your side. Our journey to India utilizes as many women guides as we can find, plus many activities like a cooking class, yoga lesson, and visits to women-led organizations doing great things. Find your footing in major cities, including New Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, and Mumbai, plus spend an unbelievable two days in Ranthambore National Park as part of a tented safari experience. And we promise... nothing will beat staring up at the Taj Mahal at dawn.
- City tours in each location
- Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
- Boat ride on Ganges in Varanasi (morning and evening)
- Visit to local women's organizations in Ranthambore
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola in Udaipur
- Elephant ride in Jaipur at Amber Fort
- Morning yoga class in Jaipur
- Rickshaw ride in Old Heritage City in Jaipur
- Cooking class with local family in Jaipur or Udaipur (TBD)
- Visit to Elephant Island in Mumbai in shared boat
- Opportunity to try on traditional saris (location TBD)
- Henna demonstration (location TBD)
- Breakfast each day
- 13 nights of accommodation based on double occupancy
- Transport for entire trip, including fuel and driver allowance
- Bottled water and soft drinks in car each day
- Local English-speaking guides in each city
- Arrival assistance in all cities at airports
- Entrance fees for all included activities
- Internal flight tickets for Delhi to Varanasi; Varanasi to Khajuraho; Jaipur to Udaipur, & Udaipur to Mumbai (economy class)
- Train journey in Air-Conditioned Chair Car Class (Jhansi to Agra; Bharatpur to Sawai Madhopur)
- International airfare
- Tips to guides / driver
- Most lunches & dinners
- $2490 - $2910 USD/person based on shared room
Available year round. Select your preferred dates using our trip request form! Travel during end of December / early January will incur surcharge. November - February are ideal months to visit the subcontinent. India is very hot particularly in April and May with temperatures reaching upwards of 115 degrees Fahrenheit. The monsoon season reaches from mid-July to October for the most traveled parts of the country and can disrupt travel.
An optional post-tour extension to Shimla is available for those seeking a yoga retreat.
*Total cost will be included when itenerary is finalized and offered, prior to booking
This trip will be serviced by Rachel Dorsey, Supporting Cast Travel. Rachel Dorsey was raised in a small town of 500 souls, but as reflected in her "Passport to the World" 4-H projects, dreamed big with visions of travel adventures in her head. Now a resident of Chicago, she has since visited over twenty countries, including extended stays in the UK and Japan. With extensive experience in group trip planning through years of work at a boutique study abroad company and in the luxury travel market, Supporting Cast Travel is a natural extension of Rachel's passion for travel. If you're trying to locate Rachel, you may want to start with by peering into kickboxing classes, connecting with her "Yum Yum Sisterhood" book club, or hunting through Chicago's many coffeehouses.